Visit Process & Preparation
- Check that your camera and microphone are working properly.
- You will receive an email reminder 24 hours prior to your appointment.
- Log in to your thera-LINK account at your appointment time. Click the "JOIN" button for your appointment. You will be placed into the waiting room until appointment is started.
- Peds Teletherapy will initiate the visit.
- Video can be a shared screen. It is helpful to see the therapist only. By clicking on your own video it will minimize that screen and you will see more of the therapist.
- There is a chat window you can use, if for some reason audio is a problem.
TIPS FOR A SUCCESSFUL VISIT
Close your browser and reboot it prior to visit. Close any other programs running in the background. The stronger the wifi, the better the quality of audio/video will be.
Be sure you and your child are present and ready for the session. Choose a location that supports privacy. Chrome is preferred browser. For iPhone or iPad Safari if fine if new device. If older, download the thera-LINK app.
To support all aspects of your child's development it is helpful to be able to see the common areas of your home where your child plays. During our session we may ask if you can show us those areas.
Keep a pen and paper handy to be able to jot down a few notes or questions along the way.